Case Study – Retail and Branding Agency
Values Based Recruitment and Retention
The client is an innovative retail and branding agency providing strategic marketing consultancy to major retail businesses.
Their expertise includes branding, integrated communications and packaging.
The client identified issues in the recruitment and retention of employees.
The “right fit” employees were not joining the business and employees were then quickly exiting.
This was costing the client dearly in recruitment fees, time, effort and training and was generally having a detrimental impact on colleague motivation and service delivery.
The client realised the need to develop their talent strategy to identify and cement key corporate values and behaviours.
By doing so, the aim was to ensure that the company’s behavioural values laid the foundation for a culture to provide the winning edge for the company and its clients.
Solutions for HR conducted a detailed review of current recruitment processes and retention strategies to measure effectiveness.
Our recommendations addressed:
- Corporate values at the heart of everything we do
- A developed set of corporate values along with behavioural indicators
- A values based recruitment and selection strategy working alongside technical competence
- New and innovative ways to recruit to cement the fun and creative culture
- Person specifications focused on corporate values and behavioural competencies
- A promotional briefing document for recruitment agencies and direct candidates
- Development of innovative retention and engagement methods including training and development, work life balance and recognition and reward strategies
- Development of all other relevant employee interaction processes to cement the values into each employee interaction including selection, induction and appraisal.
Our involvement developed a successful values based recruitment strategy to ensure that candidates’ individual values and behaviours were aligned with the values of the client.
Getting the right fit in the first place has contributed significantly to overall retention and our additional work on creative and flexible benefits, fun and innovative culture, employee developmental activities and work life balance initiatives has further supported employee retention which in turn has promoted better relationships within the company and with clients.
Stay in the know
We’ll keep you up to date with all the latest in employment law and HR. You can unsubscribe at any time.