The Government published some helpful guidance
The Government published some helpful guidance yesterday confirming the situation around holidays whilst on furlough.
The guidance confirms that:
- Employers can require employees to take holiday during furlough, subject to giving appropriate notice
- Employers can also cancel holiday during furlough subject to the same notice requirements
contractual holiday continues to accrue and not just statutory
- Workers on furlough can take holiday whilst furloughed without it affecting the furlough period
- Holidays and bank holidays taken during furlough must be paid at the full contractual rate
- In situations where workers are unable to take their 4 weeks statutory leave due to the impact of coronavirus, they can carry this forwards for up to two years.
The full guidance is available at:
If you would like to receive the latest employment law updates by email sign up for our monthly newsletter. You can unsuscribe at any time.